≡ Menu

PDQ Album in an afternoon kit by Bisous – Crave Kit

See larger image

When I worked in Millers Craft store in Glasgow, every week we would have at least one customer who sought advice and guidance as they wanted to make an album for a beloved friend or family member.  I loved guiding them around the store, pointing out the endless possibilities, but the biggest challenge was the expense involved.  I know from personal experience that you may have a particular idea for a layout that actually requires five or six pieces of paper, two or three rubber stamps, a couple of packets of stickers or rub ons and perhaps even more goodies. Before you even invest your time into constructing the page, you have already spent a small fortune.  The most frequent customer request was for ‘ready to go’ scrapbook albums where the end result was not comprimised by a budget or an inexperienced and potentially slightly intimidated scrapbooker.  I must say that Bisous has done a wonderful job of identifying this gap in the market and developing a great product to fill the void.

The ‘Album in an afternoon’ kit does exactly what it says on packet – allows crafters to buy a kit where an album can be completed quickly with a professional feel to the end result.  With a variety of styles to choose from, you can be sure to find one to suit every occasion – birthday, wedding, baby; even a non theme-specific topic.  Each set comes complete with 10 double sided 12×12 pages, printed with a fun, sylish design already in place – taking the guess work out of designing. The kit alone provides enough material to complete a whole album by only adding photographs, but to offer variety, Bisous also produce a line of printed chipboard shapes and letters which coordinate exactly with the themes of the kits. To see the full range, visit the Bisous website www.bisous.biz.

Another thing that I love about this kit is that there is a cover page which shows the consumer exactly what is included in the kit. This means that you can clearly see each of the 10 pre-designed pages before taking it to the cashier.  This eliminates those frustrating occasions where you buy a pack of paper, only to discover once you get it home that you only like 20% of the papers in it, and the other 80% is going to lie in your paper stash for years to come.  I’ve lost count of how many times that has happened to me.  This cover page also has a few sample layouts of how these papers can be adapted to make great finished pages, and is sure to get the creative juices flowing.

Another great feature is that I found that a couple of the papers in the kit worked perfectly either as a foundation for a layout, but also as a sheet of motifs that could be cut out and used as journaling blocks, frames, toppers and more. More versatilely, more value for money!

Speaking of money, I am sure you want to know how you can lay your hands on a kit like this. Visit the store locator on the Bisous website to find a stockist near you.

Yet another great product from the makers of PDQ journaling pads which help us crafters complete our layouts Pretty Darn Quick.

Here is a sneak peak of the products in the Crave kit and I have a few sample layouts made using this kit that I will share with you in the next day or two – so come back soon if you want to see more.
Leave a comment.

See larger image

See larger image

See larger image

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment