A few weeks back my hubby pointed me in the direction of a blog called The Gamers Girl, which is a kind of sisterhood for all those ladies out there who have someone in their lives with a gaming obsession. Of course, Craig says he has a good excuse because he works in the industry, so it’s a kind of occupational hazard. There was a great post about the pet peeves of a gamers girl which, might I add, included quite a few which I am very familiar with, one is particular is the fact that i am constantly tripping over console controller and putting them in back to where they belong (no they do not belong on the couch!). Giggling from the blog post, I shared these pet peeves with Craig, and it wasn’t long before the tables were turned…
So share this with the men in your life, see if they can relate! Enjoy!
Pet Peeves of a Crafter’s Husband
1. It’s hard to be manly when there is glitter on your tshirt, glitter on your face, glitter on the toothbrush, glitter on your dinner – you simply just can’t avoid the stuff.
2. You can never find the scissors when you need them.
3. When you do find some scissors, you get the third degree as to what you are going to cut, because apparently different scissors are for cutting different things.
4. You can never throw something away before it has passed the ‘can I craft with this’ test.
5. Buttons from shirts, tags from new clothes, stickers, badges, ribbons and cords – they all go missing as soon as they are left unattended, until discovered on a layout
6. Those little squares from the foam pads which are so filled with static you find them on the soles of your socks, in your hair, inside the dvd player and in every nook and cranny about the house.
7 Being forced to look at and give an opinion on every single thing that is made, when you have more interest in the newspaper you are reading or the program you are watching
8. Finding pages missing in magazines or holes in newspapers because they were ‘inspiring’
9. The telephone scribble pad is so covered in layout sketches there is no room to write a message
10. Your crafting knowledge (or lack thereof) is constantly compared to a guy named Tim, and you have no idea what the big deal is.
11. Every single piece of loose change that falls out of your pocket or that is found on the sofa is instantly claimed for the ‘crafting fund’
12. Not being allowed to delete any of the zillions of photos on the computer, even if hundreds look the same because apparently they can be cropped or used on artistic ways.
13. Never being allowed to buy a card, even if you find one that is perfect for the occasion, because that is undermining her crafty skills.
I have to admit, it must be pretty hard to live with me sometimes.
Too FUNNY! No man in my life, but my Mom knows all about the “Can I scrap with this” test and the buttons and clothing tags that go missing.
That amused me greatly!
Very true Lez. I am not going to show the list to David or he might get ideas. lol.
Funny & so true
HAHAHAH that is soooo funny!!! i might have to post this on my blog! thanks for sharing.
No problem Sarah, feel free to link it. Glad you liked it