HAPPY MONDAY everyone! Oh, such a busy, busy week I’ve just had, I hope life starts to slow down a little so I can get more crafting squeezed in.
Some exciting things to share with y’all before I talk about this weeks card for Sarah:
* Firstly, I had my Driving Theory test on Saturday. I didn’t tell anyone, and keeping the secret nearly killed me. But, it all went well and I am thrilled to share that I passed! Yippeeee.
* After the excitement of passing the exam, Craig and I went car shopping. We walked for AGES, trying to find the dealership, and when we got there, the one we had our eye on was gone. BUT, it was meant to be – ‘cos we found one that was exactly what we wanted. And, you’ll never guess what colour it is……..TEAL! Yep, my favourite colour! I have been so excited, jumping up and down, clapping my hands, smiling form ear to ear. I can’t wait to bring her home once she gets serviced. Plus, I really need to think of a name for her. Any suggestions would be more than welcome!
* I am delighted to see that the Unity Stamp March KOTM is going to be a treat to receive through my letterbox. I am loving that scooter stamp! Check it out for yourself here.
* The Paperclipping March challenge has been announced over on the Paperclipping forum, ‘The Crop Circle’. It would be great to have you play along. Check out the challenge topics here. Feel free to email me if you have any questions on how to enter. (lez (at) hungryheffycrafts.com)
* I have too many projects going on in my head right now. Inspiration is a funny thing, and this weekend, my head was feeling very creative, but my hands, not so much; so I spent hours brainstorming and taking notes in my notebook. There are three projects developing simultaneously, and I am excited about each of them. Watch this space for more details, but here is a sneak peak of the first one. You’ll need to wait to see the final project when its done though.
And now, on with this weeks ‘Miss You Monday’ feature!
We had a little bit of a Spring clean of our wardrobe a few weeks back, and I packed a bag of clothes for the charity shop. One pair of jeans though, didn’t make the cut. They were hand me downs from my sister, and they may have even came from our brother originally, but they were the iconic pair of jeans that live in your closet and are used for gardening, painting or any other work which means that you might get messy. One too many holes in the fabric meant that I really didn’t think they would find love in another home, but I knew that they would be perfect for some crafty projects.
And a few days ago, an idea came to mind!!
When you sign up to Unity KOTM, they send you a starter pack with 10 free extra stamps, and in my bundle I received a fabulous grid stamp. When I was testing it out, I noted that it almost looked like gingham. Thus the inspiration for this weeks Miss You Monday card was born, because everyone knows that gingham and denim look awesome together!
To make this card, I first masked a border with low-tack tape, then stamped the grid / gingham pattern onto the front of the card using Fired Brick distress ink. The edges don’t quite match up, but I was okay with that, but I would be lying if I told you that I hadn’t thought to myself “if only I had a Stampamajig….”. Using a pigment marker, I outlined this section to give more definition. To make the label, I ran a piece of denim through the cuttlebug using nestabilities die. I ran it through twice, and I still had to use my scissors to snip a few edges that didn’t quite cut through, but it was easy to see exactly where to cut as the die had left an impression in the material. Once the denim was cut into this label shape, I laid the die on top and traced along the inner edge of the metal die with a white gel pen. Reaching for my box of scraps, I found a piece of white card embossed using the swiss dots embossing folder, so I cut triangles in the ends and edged with a blending tool and some Faded Jeans distress ink. To embellish, all that was needed was a little bit of Kraft cardstock, a button and a piece of string. YUM!
Thanks for popping by, and don’t forget to leave me a comment here. Have a great day!
Congratulations on the Theory Lesley 😀 When is the practical then or is that a secret till you take it? 😉 The car is a gorgeous colour. I have yet to get a nice purple one! 😛
Ho Ho!! The practical is much more scary than the theory so that will most definitely be a secret until I have good news to share about that one too!