Hello my crafty friends!
Only a few more sleeps until Santa gets here, and before he arrives with a sack full of treats, I wanted to share another treat with you guys! Thats right, as a Christmas gift to all of you, we have an extra special video tutorial featuring my daughter Piper Oman, age 5!
It has become somewhat of a tradition for Piper to ‘help out’ and be featured in a HHC Christmas Special video – and this year, she was pretty much able to do most of it on her own. (Proud Mumma!) Scroll down to the bottom a link to one of her other videos that is on YouTube!
This year, Piper is sharing how she (with a little help from her crafty Mummy) made these cute gift tags for her Teachers’ Christmas gifts! She uses dies to cut tags, banners and greeting words, and also demonstrates dry embossing using cuttlebug embossing folders. She uses the MISTI stamping tool to stamp and heat emboss a message – with help from Mum when it came to the hot work! And of course there is a few sing songs in there as well! LOL
To speed things along, she chose some pre-coloured stamped images that I had in my stash – ones that I had stamped and coloured with copics during a trip to Starbucks. That tends to be where I catch up on my colouring! Heehee!
I made sure there were enough santa hats and candy canes for each present, as I knew that she would want to give her chosen critters some accessories! She got such a kick out of putting the candy canes in the mouths of the critters! What a sweetie!
To finish the tag we added some jingle bells, a ribbon bow and a felt snowflake attached with a piece of bakers twine. On the back, she used the ‘To’ and ‘From’ stamp from Honey Bee Stamps Special Delivery set so she could then write a message on the back!
You can see another one of Piper’s videos here (when she was three years old)- Piper’s Santa Handprint Card.
* Some of the products used*
- Happy and small folded banner dies from Simon Says Stamp
- Mermaid Lagoon distress ink & small ink blending tool from Ranger
- Dotted detail dies from Mama Elephant (circle)
- Tags 2 from Paper Smooches
- Jingle Bells (bought from high street store-Wilko)
- MISTI tool & heat gun
- white embossing powder & versamark embossing ink
- Snowflake embossing folder (i think this is from Crafters Companion)
- Stamped images come from Lawn Fawn Yay Kites (squirrel), Toboggan Together (penguin, reindeer & large santa hat), Holiday party animal (candy cane and small santa hat) and from My Favourite Things Forest Friends (deer) – all coloured with copic marker
- felt snowflakes – Christmas wrapping embellishment from Marks & Spencers
Thank you all very much for stopping by, especially at this busy time of year. I would like to take a moment to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all my blog visitors, followers and subscribers – across all social media platforms! You guys mean the world to me, and I am truly grateful for each and every one of you. Your comments make me smile every day.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful New year!
Good job, Piper! I love your videos.