≡ Menu

MYM – Colouring with distress inks (video)

See larger image

HI there everyone, and welcome to another Miss You Monday post. I had lots of fun making this weeks card for Sarah. It started because I wanted to use up some of my scraps, and then I got so swept away in inspiration I ended up doing a little stamping, a little sewing, a little homemade-embellishment-making, a little distressing, and a little video-making!!

A few people have asked me what markers I use to colour the stamped images on my cards. I know that copic markers are all the rage right now, but i havent had the pleasure of playing with them yet (maybe when the bank balance allows). But I usually don’t use markers, but instead use my distress inks to colour in stamped images. As I had a few questions in relation to this, what better way to answer them than to show you in a little video…

So here it is: a video showing you a fun technique on how you can colour in stamped images with distress inks and a watercolour brush pen – that I have just discovered is called Aquaflo. These pens are likely the best £4 I have ever spent because i use them ALL the time!! Definitely a must-have tool in your crafting arsenal!


Leave me a comment here.

Products Used
heroarts raindrops stamp
distress ink: shabby shutters, fired brick, broken china, black soot, tumbled glass
Watercolour brush pen (called Aquaflo)
unity stamps
kraft cardstock
DCWV adhesive mat stack
sewing machine
corner chomper
circle punch
star embellishments
distressing tool
october afternoon 12×12 paper
gaia butterfly stamp
glossy accents

See larger image

See larger image

See larger image

{ 4 comments… add one }
  • Cindy Morrow September 6, 2010, 2:39 pm

    I saw your video on youtube about how to color in a stamp using the distessed inks. You were using something you called a watercolor brush,….and I have looked on US sites, and I don’t seem to be able to find one. Is there a company that you use that has these watercolor brushes for sale? Thanks for your help,…..it was a really neat technique which I hope that I will be able to replicate in my card making,….if I can only find one of those brushes. thanks
    Cindy Morrow

    • Hungryheffy September 8, 2010, 5:41 pm

      Hi Cindy
      The ones i use are from a company called Royal Langnickel, and they call them ‘Aqua -flo brushes’ but i think they are primarily UK based. You can also get a type which are called ‘Koi brush’ and also Pentel do a set of three ‘Aquash brushes’ . Not sure if you get these in the US either.
      If you have real difficulty getting some, let me know and i’ll pick some up on my travels and post them to you. xo happy crafting.

Leave a Comment

Next post:

Previous post: