Yes, she is five months today! Err..can someone please tell me where the last five months have gone?
And what does five months look like? Let me tell you..
– Weighing in at 15lb 3.5 oz (that was two weeks ago, so its surely more now)
-We had to move her jumparoo up to level two. Her legs are so long! We’ve started buying a few 6-9 month items because the 3-6 month clothes are getting far too neat!
– She has her first toothypeg…eeerr, make that TWO! Another one popped up this morning! There has been a lot of drooling, finger chomping and sticky-out tongues for a week or two & now we know why.
– She goes down much better now at 6.30pm. We are still waking her at 10.30pm for a nighttime feed, and she goes through until nearly 8am some days. These last few days there has been a few grumbles, but we think thats because of her sore gums. Bless!
– Still has really bad skin. The doctor has confirmed eczema, and piper now has an apothecary of potions and creams – at last count there were 8 different ones on her shelf. geez. I’ve decided to try a dairy free diet to see if that makes any difference.
– Piper has one feed of solids a day, just at lunch time. New tastes mean that there has been a few funny faces at the dinner table, but she is doing really well at taking her food.
– We’ve cut her night feed from 220ml down to 160ml, and still she sleeps until 8am.
– We have started using basic sign language with Piper. No particular reason, i just thought it would be an interesting way to communicate. I found this cool website that shows you how to sign basic words such as water, food, nappy, sleep etc. Apparently babies can start to communicate back at approx 9 months – that would be so cool!
– Piper has a new facial expression- lips pursed into a neat little ‘O’ and then a gentle ‘ou’ sound. Accompanied by big blue eyes certainly makes this a heart melter moment.
– Holding both toes is lots of fun, and makes it more difficult for mum to put on my nappy.
– She follows Miya with her eyes, and Miya secretly loves it. I can tell by the fact that Mizu’s new favourite camping-out spot is right underneath Piper’s jumparoo.
– Piper is soooooo over the lying down phase. Right now, its all about sitting up. Last Thursday she managed to sit up on her own without help – seems she is figuring out this balance thing.
Happy five months little lady.
Mummy loves you.